Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wedding Dress Shopping: Round 2

Since I am on Spring Break this week, Mom and I made a plan to go dress shopping here in town yesterday.  Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed in my shopping experience as I couldn't find a lot of the dresses that I was looking at online (that were supposed to be in the store) and the majority of them seemed to exceed my budget.

I started looking at some other bridal shops in a 100ish mile radius and found a few that I will have to consider visiting.  The thing that I worry about is that most of these places carry particular designers, they don't show their prices online, and I have to sift through tons of designer websites in the hope that they carry these same dresses.   I really feel like my dress-trying-on tolerance only lasts for about 1.5 hours and then I get hungry and indecisive, so planning a day-long trip out of town doesn't really feel like it would be all that productive.  Plus, I'd really hate to book an appointment and find out that everything is too expensive for me.

I checked back onto the David's Bridal website and added some new dresses to my favorites list.  I really liked working with them and I like the convenience of going in and them having the dresses that I want to try on in my size. So I might just end up making another trip to the DB and see how that goes as well.

Anyway, with that being said.  Here is my favorite dress from yesterday.  It is from the Bonny Classic Collection (853).


I think the dress looks better in the designer picture though (which may be a bad sign, but I'm going to blame it on the ivory color in my own picture).  The attendant didn't lace it up completely so I'm going to pass on showing you my bra-exposed back.  Also, the material for the dress is taffeta which I think comes off kind of wrinkled looking. In the designer photo it almost looks like satin, but definitely doesn't quite fall the same.

Where did you buy your wedding dress?  Did you look for a particular designer or a style in general?  How many trips did you make until you found 'the dress?'

Next time:  My DIY Mr. and Mrs. Chair signs

No comments:

Post a Comment