Monday, April 30, 2012

The Ring Box

As you may remember, when Adam proposed, he didn't use the ring box.  Well, rather, you may remember it being on the pickle ornament.  Shortly afterward, I remember asking Adam for the ring box.  I really wanted to take a picture of my ring sitting in the box, as I have yet to take a good picture of my ring (and I thought having the box might help).

Well, initially Adam said he would look for it.  Sounded very convincing.

Then awhile later, I asked him again.  At this point he told me that he had already given it to me.  Whaaa?

I proceeded to tell him that, no, he never gave me the ring box.  And what does he do? Starts criticizing jokingly about how I had lost the ring box and responsibility...yeah yeah yeah.  I just remember cracking up laughing saying, "seriously, where is the ring box?"

Adam was so convinced that he had already given it to me that I started to doubt myself.  Adam is stubborn.  He would not even consider that he had lost the box before giving it to me.  I even started to feel bad that I could have potentially lost the ring box, but I still had my reservations.

Well blog, over 4 months later, I found the ring box.  I was looking for my pair of my craft scissors.  You know the ones that cut funky designs.  I had just seen them recently and knew that they weren't too far away, so I started searching everywhere possible.  In the midst of my search, I found the ring box - in the drawer of the coffee table with the remotes.  In the very back corner.  We have two drawers in the coffee table.  One with a bunch of junk, scissors, tape, playing cards, etc.  The second one has...remotes.  Adam's extensive collection of remotes that serves me no purpose whatsoever.

So tell me, if Adam had given me the ring box, why would I have put it in the back corner of the remote drawer? EXACTLY.

I stop my scissor search momentarily and take out the ring box.  I open the lid from the outer cardboard box...and I see this.

Something tells me I would have remembered this.  Now, I'm not judging, well yes I am, but this wasn't exactly the ring box I would have pictured.  I mean, if it were 1993...maybe.

I was expecting a box more like this. You know, like you get from every jewelry store out there?
Source

So yes, here is my ring box.  I absolutely love it.  It just cracks me up each time I see it.  I just wonder what the jeweler was thinking as they were putting my beautiful, half-the-cost-of-our-home* diamond ring into a matchbook.

Without further ado, I now present you my ring in its official ring box.  My 7 megapixel camera doesn't quite do it justice, but at least it has been properly reunited with its box.


After finding the box the other evening, I mentioned it to Adam after he got home.  I told him where I had found it and his response was, "well why did you put it there?"  Hah.

So what do you think of the box?  I do run like 1-2 years behind when it comes to fashion, so am I failing to catch the vision?


*Adam and I own a 40-year-old mobile home.  I'm totally not bragging when I say my ring costs half the cost of our trailer. We find it rather amusing.  To give you perspective...my car cost over 3 times the price of our house...hah :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, why DID you put it in the remote drawer? :) Jk. Your ring is so pretty! And I think the box is hysterical too, lol

    ReplyDelete