Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bridal Shower Gifting

It seems like either you are getting married or you know someone that is getting married.  A lot of times, it is actually both.  I have a bridal shower today to go to for a friend Jessica.  She is super crafty and so I wanted to give her something special in addition to the items that I bought off the registry.  I debated doing it for awhile, just because some people don't want gifts that aren't on their registry, but I decided to forge ahead with my idea.

It's a picture frame with their wedding date and names (and my reflection).  I didn't want it to be too big, as I imagine Jessica saying in my mind/with my voice, "where the hell am I going to put this?" Hopefully this 5x7 frame is small enough that she can find a place for it somewhere!


I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the letter stickers for their names and the paper. I found the frame at Wal-mart.  I went home and went to the website Spell with Flickr where you can type anything you want and it will bring up images from Flickr for you to use.



Once you type in your letters, you can click on each one individually and it will replace it with a different image of it, so you can choose the style and color of the numbers and letters that you like.

In this case, I copied and pasted the numbers into a word document, made the images gray-scaled, and printed them off on photo paper (you can also use this website to embed the images onto a blog or webpage).

I assembled everything together with Elmer's glue - which I would not suggest because it didn't turn out as smooth as I would have liked (I couldn't find my glue dot runner and that makes me very sad).

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  You can't really tell, but the blue paper has a white and blue marble effect. I chose that color because it (hopefully...) matches one of Jessica's wedding colors.  The white paper is linen paper, so it helps to class it up a bit.

My only two regrets are:
     1.  Not having my glue dot runner
     2.  Not having a paper cutter to cut straight lines...it was very painful to go without one.

Total cost:
Don't look Jessica!!!


    Frame - $3.00
    Paper -  $0.75
    Stickers $1.49
                  $5.24 before tax

Not too bad, especially in the event that she doesn't like it.  However, I think she'll appreciate and acknowledge the effort and time spent.


Foam Stamp Letter H Foam brick letter A Bead Letter P Cardboard letter p Scrabble Trickster Letter Y
letter S Scrabble Trickster Letter A rubber stamp handle letter t Magnetic letter u studio g Stamp Set Reverse Letter R Christmas Sparkle letter D Cardboard letter a letter y

(That's as far as my HTML expertise goes...I can't make the letters any smaller to fit on one line!)

1 comment:

  1. You totally rocked that frame. Can't wait to put it on display! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete